Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 11 –- Palas del Rei


We left Portomarin a quarter to seven and headed towards our next destination Palas del Rei. Our hike was relatively easy and we arrived at our destination at around 1:00 p.m. It was Sunday so I needed to attend mass. When we arrived at the albergue I was informed that the next mass would be at 8:00 p.m.

I was not too impressed with the albergue in Palas del Rei because it was quite dirty. My bed had sand and small pebbles on it. An insect even came out of my bed from the side. I took a quick shower, hand washed my clothes and hung them to dry. Afterwards, Axel, Steffan and I went to explore the town but the majority of the stores were closed because it was Sunday. Fortunately, we were able to find a bakery that was still opened and we had a light snack.

I was quite tired and there wasn’t much to do in Palas de Rei so I took a nap and when I woke up I got ready and I attended mass with my friends in the evening. After mass we had a nice dinner at a restaurant and retired to bed.


No comments: