It was still dark outside when we left Arca O Pino at
When we arrived at the first stop in Monte de Gozo and I stayed behind because I had to look for a certain priest named father Jose to deliver a special document from a friend of mine in
I searched for the priest but he was not there. By that time it was already
A nun step forward and began to sing beautifully in Latin. The song she sung was “Holy God we Praise thy Name” and immediately upon hearing the soft melody of her voice something powerful stirred up inside me and ignited my soul. In my mind I saw flashes of the all the wonderful people I encountered, the genuine conversations I had, the warm smiles of strangers and pilgrims along the road, and everything began to surface all at once including the hardship and pain I endured along the way. It was exceedingly intense for I have just reached the culminating point of my journey. I tried incredibly hard to fight it but I could not. I was overwhelmed with emotion that tears began to gently stream from my eyes as I fixated my gaze on the altar. At that precise moment I was given a taste of supernatural joy and I realized the necessary suffering on the journey served to bring me closer to God.
“The most beautiful and most profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science.”.
-- Albert Einstein












No comments:
Post a Comment