I started my hike at around 8:30 a.m. and as I begain to walk I prayed my daily rosary on the road. After having travelled several kilometers I thought to myself, I can continue to walk the remainder of the journey on my own but it’ll be much more enjoyable and memorable with a companion because you get to share stories about Camino which I find very refreshing. And so I prayed that I may encounter friends whom I can relate with and share the journey. The Lord heard my prayers.




Two kilometers ahead was a nice little restaurant with a patio and large white umbrellas so I decided to stop for break. In the table next to me were two young German guys having breakfast. I initiated a conversation and asked them where they started. They told me that they started from St. Jean Pied de Port, which was where I also began my walk. One of them is an architectural student named Axel and the other is professional architect named Steffan. We talked about our experiences on the road and we really connected. They were very friendly and they seemed like good guys to hang out with, so I asked if I could walk with them to the next town.

We reached Portomarin at around 1:00 p.m. and it was a gorgeous little town beside the lake. We checked in the albergue and after the daily routine of getting cleaned up and washing my clothes we went the grocery store to buy food. We carried the food with us and found a nice place to sit beside the water. The view was breathtaking. It was incredible to be there to enjoy the warmth of the sun, the blue sky, the soft cool breeze, the splendid surroundings, and the great company.



I praised God and I was amazed at how fast my prayer was answered again. I simply asked to find good friends to share the journey with and God blessed me with more than I what I had asked for. As we ate, Steffan commented on how something so simple and inexpensive such as sitting here beside the lake can bring so much joy. We were having an awesome time enjoying nature and feeling at peace with ourselves when so many people around the world are so boggled down with stress and unnecessary burdens of life. I agreed with his statement and allowed myself to be capativated by the view of the horizon. I said a prayer in my heart and thanked God for such blessed moments


No comments:
Post a Comment