Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 9 – Barbadelo


I checked my map and I realized I only had 100 km to go before I reached Compostela. I thought a lot about what Thomas said, and I shared the same sentiment in a way that I also did not want the journey to end. I was beginning to feel the intensity of the sorrow build up. I have been averaging about 30 km a day and I knew if I continued at this rate I would arrive at Compostela too soon and I was not ready to arrive. I still wanted more time to embrace
every experience and enjoy each moment. The thought of having it all end brought sadness in my heart. As a result, I decided to walk only about 20 km a day as a means of trying to extend it.

Ramona and I walked to the next town called Sarria together and when we arrived I stopped by the grocery store to buy food. It was there that I said goodbye to Ramona. She was very good company and I was always impressed by the fire I saw in her especially in the way she spoke about life and her experience on the Camino. She wanted to reach Compostela in a few days and still had 25 km to cover.

I walked to Barbadelo
(the next town) at a slower pace reminiscing all that has happened in such a short period of time and I thanked God in my heart.

No comments: