Jonathan and I left the monastery of Iglesia de Trindad at 8:00 a.m. and headed for Pamplona. Pamplona is famous for the San Fermín festival, on July 7, also known as the running of the bulls or 'encierro'. Hundreds of thousands of Spaniards and tourists gather every year in Pamplona for the San Fermin Festival.
Originally, my plan for the day was to take a bus from Pamplona to Leon and visit the beautiful Cathedral. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the bus station they informed me that the last bus had already left. So I bought my ticket for the next day and Jonathan and I checked into the albergue to drop off our things and explored the city.
Pamplona was beautiful and had a very unique charm to it. We toured around various shops, museums, and had a three course meal at a nice restaurant. It was a nice little break from the long hours of walking we accustomed to everyday.








No comments:
Post a Comment