The group of pilgrims in Villafranca were early birds and the majority of them got up at 5:30 a.m. and started getting ready. The morning walk did not look very promising because there was a heavy thunder storm. I packed my things and went to the lunch room downstairs to have my breakfast. I sat in the same table as Kuen and his sister and began conversing with them.
The path to O Cebreiro was 30 km away and it was not very direct so I asked Kuen if I could walk with him since he had a special map and a guide book. As we walked together I got to know Kuen a bit better and I was amazed by how intelligent he was. He knew how to fluently speak five languages. It was interesting to see him converse in German, French, Dutch, Spanish, and English. He had a University degree in linguistics and literature and he was also an expert hiker. He’s done many expeditions before and absolutely enjoyed it. His favorite is the Pyrenees because his heart completely fell in love with it.


At around 1:00 p.m. we took a small lunch break half way through the walk and shared our meals. We needed to re-energize before we hiked up the mountain.


The ascent to the mountains of Leon to Galicia was truly mesmerizing. We reached an altitude of 1400ft in level with the clouds. In O Cebreiro I had the most unforgettable experience of reaching the summit that offered breathtaking panoramas of some of the most incredibly beautiful places on earth. I felt close to God on such occasion especially when I prayed in reverent submission.







The path to O Cebreiro was 30 km away and it was not very direct so I asked Kuen if I could walk with him since he had a special map and a guide book. As we walked together I got to know Kuen a bit better and I was amazed by how intelligent he was. He knew how to fluently speak five languages. It was interesting to see him converse in German, French, Dutch, Spanish, and English. He had a University degree in linguistics and literature and he was also an expert hiker. He’s done many expeditions before and absolutely enjoyed it. His favorite is the Pyrenees because his heart completely fell in love with it.


At around 1:00 p.m. we took a small lunch break half way through the walk and shared our meals. We needed to re-energize before we hiked up the mountain.


The ascent to the mountains of Leon to Galicia was truly mesmerizing. We reached an altitude of 1400ft in level with the clouds. In O Cebreiro I had the most unforgettable experience of reaching the summit that offered breathtaking panoramas of some of the most incredibly beautiful places on earth. I felt close to God on such occasion especially when I prayed in reverent submission.








No comments:
Post a Comment